Musculaci’n Estética, but also Health
Bodybuilding is often linked with aesthetics. The aesthetic goal is the priority for many of the people who practice this discipline. But the reality is that, far from mere aesthetics, bodybuilding is beneficial for health in many aspects.
It is not necessary to join the gym to gain muscle mass. With having some knowledge about training, you can perform a routine of exercises to gain muscle mass at home. If you do not have enough knowledge to design a good routine, a personal trainer that you hire or your monitor you trust can help you to develop and design the perfect workout to do from home and gaining muscle in a way fast and easy.
What aesthetic or health?
Contrary to what many people believe, aesthetics should never be the priority of an athlete. The health is really important and should be the primary goal of every athlete.
In addition to bodybuilding, a good athlete whose goal is good health, you must take other factors into account such as:
- To have consistency with the workouts
- Do a good warmup always before training to avoid injury
- Respect the times of rest
- Sleep well
- To have habits of eating right
Benefits of bodybuilding
- Reduces stress and improves problems related to anxiety. The sport is a great way to release tension.
- Improving the quality of sleep. Bodybuilding stimulates the release of serotonin and melatonin.
- It reduces the percentage of body fat. The loss of fat is generally associated with the aesthetic, but a lower percentage of body fat has a positive influence on our cardiovascular health.
- Speeds up the metabolism.
- Improves postural hygiene. The postural hygiene or simply posture, it is important to avoid some pathologies (e.g., back), which is caused by a bad posture. The muscles are strong and well worked tends to a good posture.
- Improves the strength.
- Increases the capacity and cardiopulmonary endurance.
- It reduces the blood pressure. Between the cardiovascular benefits of weight training is the reduction of the blood pressure.
- Improves bone health and prevents osteoporosis. Bodybuilding increases bone density, and levels of osteocalcin. The exercises of muscle-building contribute to the bones to absorb better the calcium, essential for good bone health.
- Reduces the risk of injury. A body with a strong muscular it is less prone to injury.
- Increases the action of insulin, and therefore a greater tolerance to glucose. This causes positive effects on a diabetic.
- Controls and reduces cholesterol. Bodybuilding causes the blood flow is strengthened, helping to reduce the "bad cholesterol" LDL and increase "good" HDL cholesterol.
Nutrition, essential for gaining muscle mass
Nutrition plays an important role in muscle gain. So if you do the workout routines from home, or goes to the gym, in any of the two cases, it is important to have good eating habits.
Among the TIPS for eating a good diet, would be the following:
- Reduce the consumption of unhealthy fats (and sustituírlas by other best such as avocados or salmon)
- Increase the intake protein to "feed" the muscle.
- Control the intake of carbohydrates according to the caloric expenditure.